By Esther Crain
- Newspapers, autobiographies, and private diaries provide interesting glimpses into lifestyle one of the wealthy, the bad, and the strangely huge center category.
- The use of images and illustrated periodicals offers striking photos that record the bigness of recent York: the development of the Statue of Liberty; the outlet of the Brooklyn Bridge; the shimmering lighting of Luna Park in Coney Island; the mansions of Millionaire's Row.
- Sidebars element smaller, fleeting moments: Alice Vanderbilt posing proudly in her "Electric mild" ball costume at a society-changing masquerade ball; immigrants stepping off the boat at Ellis Island; a tender Theodore Roosevelt witnessing Abraham Lincoln's funeral.
Read Online or Download The Gilded Age in New York, 1870-1910 PDF
Similar history books
THE BOMB within the BASEMENT tells the attention-grabbing tale of the way Israel turned the center East's in basic terms nuclear energy and -- in contrast to Iraq and Iran -- succeeded in conserving its atomic application mystery. Veteran Israeli journalist Michael Karpin explains how Israel, by way of a ways the smallest of the nuclear powers, succeeded in its bold attempt.
Rodeo has regularly been thought of a supremely masculine activity, a coarse and tumble demonstrate of macho energy and ability. yet writer Joan Burbick exhibits us the opposite part of rodeo: the realm of rodeo queens--part cowgirl and half competition princess--who wave and smile and preserve the dream of the correct Western lady alive.
This rigorously crafted e-book: "A brief historical past of the area" is formatted to your eReader with a sensible and particular desk of contents. a quick heritage of the realm is a period-piece non-fictional historical paintings. The booklet used to be principally encouraged by means of Wells's previous 1919 paintings the description of heritage. The e-book is summarising the clinical wisdom of the time concerning the historical past of Earth and lifestyles.
The traditional Empires of the East, Herodotos I-III through Archibald Henry Sayce. This ebook is a replica of the unique ebook released in 1883 and will have a few imperfections corresponding to marks or hand-written notes.
- Patriotic Fire
- Old Schuylkill tales; a history of interesting events, traditions and anecdotes of the early settlers of Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania
- To the Edge of the World: The Story of the Trans-Siberian Express, the World's Greatest Railroad
- The Cold War: A Military History
- Dixie: A Personal Osyssey Through Historic Events That Shaped the Modern South
Extra resources for The Gilded Age in New York, 1870-1910
The Gilded Age in New York, 1870-1910 by Esther Crain